Something interesting happened the other night.

1. We need to be centered, present in the moment, without the influence of thoughts or emotions. Whatever a thought or emotion tells you to do is wrong, because it is just a collection of past experiences.
I woke up at 3am in the morning... there were some sounds on the street. When I came out of the door on the first floor of my independent building in Nallakunta and I saw something we don't get to see often.
The probable thieves, ran to hide behind a parked car.
I could see the cops as I could see the thieves from the top angle I was watching.
2 thoughts zoomed into my oversized head.
1. Let me tell the cops that these people are hiding behind the car.
2. No, let them go, they are human beings too... it is horrible for anyone to spend time in confinement.
Then, what did I do? You are right there. I just watched on silently without doing anything.
1. If I tell the cops where the thieves were hiding, what if they hold a grudge and hurt my family or me?(I know, this is all the films and useless frightening stuff TV News channels talking).
2. Why should I interfere in their Karma? If they were destined to be caught, let them be caught. If they have to escape according to the Cosmic Plan, so be it.
Hey wait! But Spider-Man lets the thieves get away. And the same thieves kill Spidey's uncle in a later scene. What if these same people, come and rob my house or cause us harm?
Would it not be because of my reluctance to do my duty towards the society by assisting the cops to apprehend them?
In spite of all these thoughts, I had been silent.
Meanwhile, the cops spot the thieves and yell at them and try to grab them... yet, the thieves escape and continue their run. The chase goes on until I can see them no more... I don't know that happened after that, nor do I care to know... sorry, but that is me.
Was I right or wrong. Which of my self-contradicting thoughts was right? What should I have done?
My observations:
1. In olden days, say about 30 years back, people had simple minds. They would have simply indicated the thieves' location to the cops.
2. In these days, with ruthless information flow from all 360 angles in the form of media, minds have become complex. Clarity of thought is a rarity in these days.
Then what should we do? Ok, let me tell you.

1. We need to be centered, present in the moment, without the influence of thoughts or emotions. Whatever a thought or emotion tells you to do is wrong, because it is just a collection of past experiences.
2. If we are in the present moment, without any thought, a "spontaneous" response would emerge(as beloved Master Osho says).
Whatever this spontaneous response would prompt you to do, will be RIGHT in capital letters!
3. For this, we need to learn the art of being in the moment.
We could read stuff by Masters (perhaps a tome by Eckhart Tolle).
We need to strengthen the present moment and learn to be steady and rooted in the present.
This is an ongoing self-training... but when we do give it time, every day sincerely, life becomes a miracle. Things, for a change, become RIGHT and for the first time you are CLEAR!
PS: Yes, I am still in kindergarten in this process, so in that instance, I had all those contradicting thoughts. Yet, at the end, I did succeed in centering myself into the eternal NOW.






No comments:
Post a Comment