Sunday, November 3, 2013

Krrish 3- Film Review

This is one of the best films of Bollywood that I had watched in a long time. Perhaps, I would rate this one of the best films I had watched. And yes, I had watched a truck load of films in this life.

A film being a Hit or a Flop does not depend on it being good or bad. Some incredibly stupid films are declared hits now-a-days. A film being a Hit somehow depends on "Kismat". And this is my observation after being a film buff for more than 30 years. The timing, the planetary conditions, the collective consciousness, the mass psych vibration at a particular time and as such decide the fate of the film. I just don't know what exactly would be the fate of this film...


But for me, this film stands for a memorable Deepaavali afternoon, well spent.

Why is Krrish3 so good, then?

1. It has a story that fits a blockbuster. A story where a Super Hero arouses deep feelings of heroism, altruism and a sense of "apnapan" for many characters in the film.

2. It is made in such high standards, that it stands out from the rest of the 'graphics ka films' that were made in Bollywood till date.

3. Krrish3 has Hrithik Roshan. He has the looks, the 8 pack, the acting talent, the physique, the mannerisms, the dancing capabilities, incredible screen presence, the most penetrating eyes and international standards about him.

4. The songs and the background score are fantastic. The editing, the entire post production, the art work, the casting all are almost absolutely flawless (except for Vivek's attire in the end... he looks like some kind of a steel plated rag picker).

5. Krrish gives you goose bumps, makes you smile, brings tears of excitement and brings out a deep buried feeling of nostalgia that you feel when you re-live the adventures of Super Heros on silver screen.

6. Krrish3 has Kangna Ranaut, it has Hrithik Roshan playing the father of himself to perfection, it has a story line that keeps your eyes glued to the screen all through.

Krrish3 takes off from where the earlier two films left us. Hrithik Roshan, now married to Priyanka Chopra is busy in changing jobs as Krishna and is busy saving lives as Krrish. Enters the villain Vivek Oberoi, and all hell breaks loose. And how actually, this almost invincible Vivek Oberoi is destroyed by Krrish to save the world is rest of the film. (I am never for revealing the film's story to anybody... I would hate it if someone does that to me. The whole thrill is lost...)

There are many charecters in teh film and many scenes that seem like a lift off from many Hollywood flicks. But, what the duck? Super Hero films are a product of the western mind. No harm. Especially if
these are so well adapted to our setting, it is really thrilling to watch.

Raghupati Raaghav Raaja Ram has some super cool movements by Hrithik Roshan. He is undoubtedly the best dancer in India today. The song when Krrish's statue is unveiled gives the kids a kick. And the stealer is Dil Tu Hi Bata shot on Hrithik and Kangna. This woman looks absolutely stunning.

Overall, Krrish3 is a super film.

I dont think that after working in the corporate for this long, I have any child left inside me. But the film made me a child, wide-eyed with enthusiasm!

I went to the film inspite of listening to adverse comments from friends.
But, I was glad I did go and watch it. The child in me is thrilled.

One cool film that should be a Hit, because, it would spread the concept of Good winning over Evil in a society that really needs this vibration at this time.

God bless Hrithik, Rakesh Roshan and Rajesh Roshan and all those who are responsible for this wonderful flick.  

No comments:

Post a Comment